Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday's update

Notes from the day

-she's quite tired
-still feels an ache in the leg, but it's a familiar ache, so she's not worried
-the rash is not really getting worse, maybe 3-5% worse than yesterday, but it itches around her neck
-she is staying in bed for now, doing as she's told

Andrea talked to Jennifer at Dr. Martin's office, who answered some of her questions. She said to stay on the 2000 mg for now. Both Andrea's GP & her friend Rob Ashley recommended the same neurologist, Dr. Bill Buxton, and Dr. Martin says yes, do see another neurologist, especially for the Keppra management. Dr. Martin also wants her to have a "functional" brain MRI, in which she's shown flashcards and asked questions. Date TBD.

Other details from Jennifer:
-1-6" of her hair will be shaved
-she'll be asleep during surgery
-probably won't be able to drive for about 4 weeks after the surgery
-prognosis is very good, other than the normal risks of surgery
-does not expect any loss of memory
-just watch in the leg for anything abnormal
-recent trip to the ER does not bump up her appt--same dates

Today Dr. Pat & I hung out at Andrea's house, brought groceries & dinner, worked on the blog, relaxed with the cats, talked on the phone, watched a bit of baseball. All is calm, all is bright.

xo
Stephanie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My darling friend Andrea, I send you all my love to you. I know youre a strong cookie and have no doubt in my mind you will experience and journey through this period in your life. You are courageous and have a huge spirit!!!! I will wait patiently to see you next year and hope that you will be as inspiring as ever after this time.

Forever, Kate xxx in London

NOTE TO BLOG MAKERS......

I found it pretty awful that you used your friend's journal of recovery to plug a website for real estate!!!!! Please do me a favour and erase the link to the Coley and Andy show

Sternie Central said...

the link to the real estate company of coley and andy was us being funny. we are enjoying every opportunity to have a laugh.

Tracy Ward said...

Sternie,
You are a strong, stuborn, pig headed soul and I know you will kick this things ass.
I'm praying for you my little sternie!!!
I love you
T