Sunday, October 21, 2007

One more day

I think I'm ready. This wait has been tough. The last few days I have felt more anxiety and have tried a few calming drugs. I think that is helping. Today I went for a gentle swim and that seems to help more than anything else.
I am so ready to get this behind me. I want to start my recovery process. I don't know what kind of pain or exhaustion I will feel but right now I don't even care. I want this surgery over with. I want to come through it safely and have everything go well. That is all i want right now.
While waiting in the office to meet the surgeon last week I was so blessed to meet a 38 year old athletic woman who had this surgery one month ago. She looked fantastic and alive and healthy. She is already playing volleyball. She, more than any report I have read, has given me such hope. She has stopped by to visit me and will do that again tomorrow night before the surgery. She is my role model. She gives me something to look at and see my healthy self in one month. Thank you Valerie.

I hope to do that for someone, someday.
I thank you all for checking in and helping me through this. The care I have received from so many good people keeps me company in a time when I know I could be feeling such loneliness.

The next blog post will be a report on my surgery. I wish I could write it now and how well it will have gone. I can see the words in my mind though.

Prayers prayers prayers please. Time to hand this over...
Love,
Andrea

7 comments:

elisa Lizt said...

andrea,
i'm so happy to hear you will soon be on your way to recovery! it is truly remarkable to hear how brave you have been.
you are very blessed in this diffult journey to have such a wonderful group of family and friends.
my thoughts and prayers are with you, and hope that before too long we will be sharing another family meal- if not thanksgiving, then passover for sure!
all my love, prayers and hope for a speedy recovery!!!
love,
cousin elisa

simpletruths said...

Hello My Dear Friend from New Zealand. Time is drawing near, and you are closer than ever in my heart. What a fantastic gift you were given in meeting Valerie! G-d steps in and gives us what we need in amazing ways. Rest well, allow yourself to be wrapped safe in the arms of the universe, and know that we are all sending you strength, courage, and peace.
You'll be back to top gear in no time!
Love,
Haim

Unknown said...

I know that we are doing this in cyberspace, but I feel so close. While in the Malibu hills this weekend, a group of fantastic GBLT Jews prayed for you my lovely girl.
Your bravery infuses us all.
with love,
Debra Miller

cathy@cathydebuono.com said...

loveandlightloveandlightloveandlight
xoxo
Cathy

cathy@cathydebuono.com said...

good thing your getting this done in time to recover while watching the world series!

great timing sternie!

love to you sweet girl,
Cathy

Amy said...

Andrea, Sending thoughts your way for an excellent surgery and brilliant recovery...Best, Amy P (prop stylist)

jehjeh said...

Stern,

When your feeling up to it, I want to take you to Roscoe's.

Eddie
50lbs.